shani4jc

Beautiful the Mess We Are

Posted on: 7-15-112011

I love the song “Better Than a Hallelujah” by Amy Grant. My favorite phrase in the song is “beautiful the mess we are…” I don’t know whether to laugh or cry when I think about how true that is. I know that I, myself, am 99% of the time absolutely falling apart on some level and the other 1% of the time, I have convinced myself I’ve got it together, only to discover later that I don’t. It’s amazing that God can look at us, with all of our frailties, weaknesses, inabilities, excuses, helplessness, and constant barrage of problems and think that we are beautiful. But, because He loves us, He thinks just that. No matter what’s going on in our lives, our Creator thinks we’re beautiful. No matter what the world thinks about us, we can be assured that He looks on us with adoration. Nothing about us turns Him away. He just looks and says, “Beautiful the mess you are! So beautiful indeed that I gave everything I had for you.” You may be a mess, but you’re His mess and He loves you!

“In the multitude of anxieties within me, Your comforts delight my soul.” Psalm 94:18

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Join 981 other followers

Archives

May

June 2011
F S S M T W T
« May   Jul »
 12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930
%d bloggers like this: